Parka jacket: Five things you must to know about your parka photos and more
I wrote a post rich of photos about my new parka with fur, for who didn’t read it please click here
CUSTOMIZE YOUR PARKA JACKET CLICK HERE
In this post I will tell you five things that probably you don’t know about parka jackets.
Do you know what does mean the word “Parka” means? Literally it means “animal skins” and it come from the Nenet language spoken in the northern region of Russia, where the climate is cold and wet.
- Do you know the parka originated ? Its origins come from prehistory specifically in Inuit populations. Made in fur polar bear, fox and seal, they were worn one over the other, to protect from the cold
- The first model of “sporty” style parka is realized in 1954 by Refrigerwear for situations of extreme cold such as races in Alaska.Refrigiwear created the parka with technical fabrics and resistant to temperatures below freezing, for workers in the Meatpacking District who worked in cold storage for the treatment of meat. With the slogan “A modern way to keep warm,” he presented his first collection Refrigiwear, hence the success of the brand especially in sports
- The parka jacket became an iconic current youth Mod (from “modernism”, referring to fans of modern jazz) that developed in London at the end of the 50s. The Mod parkas, were those of the US military in World War II, whose only color was green. Enhanced by pins, patches and drawings, it was long, screwed, with dovetail and hood
- The parka for the rebels: in the early 90’s the parka went on to enrich a new mood style,: grunge. Kurt Cobain of Nirvana and Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder, wore parkas to accentuate a rebellious look consisting of worn jeans and Canadian shirts. Today, even Liam Gallagher of Oasis seems to have succumbed to his charms
- In 2003, the year of the limelight parka, supermodel and trend setter, Kate Moss, bringing with her many elements of grunge, took pictures with the parka jacket on the back of which is painted white the title of a famous song by the Sex Pistols “God Save the Queen”. In 2008 she was photographed for the cover of Vogue UK with the hood of her parka resting on her head. After Kate Moss, stars like Sienna Miller, Pixie Lott, Stella McCartney, Taylor Momsen and Agyness Deyn, wore the parka over a mini-dress, gothic accessories, with fur collars, with under garters and underwear.
I would have 5 more important things related to the parka to tell you but I will next week FOLLOW
The video was shot in Milan during fashion week
CUSTOMIZE YOUR PARKA JACKET CLICK HERE
Makeup Matteo Risso
Video Davide Micciulla
music: Drumnbass by djandreablanco
Shoes Racine Carree
In loveeee with this parka!! xoxo
I fall in love with this parka! It’s amazing!
Very coll parka!!!
the video is amazing!! congrats!!
I love a Parka but had no idea the history of it! How interesting x
Wow,absolutely in love with your parka!!!! Amazing video!XoXo
AMAZING OUTFIT ! X
Follow me on GFC, I always follow back.
▬ http://WWW.HEKYMA.COM ▬
Wow! Very intersting to read. Though I’m from Russia, didn’t even know about that… haha!!! Thank you for your lovely comment, dear Samantha! Followin your gorgeous blog on bloglovin! Amaze design!
I love it!! 😀
Such a great post! 🙂
Stunning video. You are perfect as always
Amazing video and interesting post ! Thanks for your comment on my blog 😉 http://valeriesdays.blogspot.fr/
Great video, The parkas are beautiful
Thanks for visiting on my blog and follow me. I came to return the visit and already I’m following you.
Molto belli davvero!!
I love it!
Beautiful parka! The heels love it !!
troppo bello questo parka, complimentissimi per il video
tr3ndygirl fashion blog
I love parkas too, especially when they have leather applications!!
Looks great! And useful information, thank you!
I Adore your blog 🙂 its amazing and i follow u on blog and instagram in last weeks 🙂
I adoreeeee your style. This parka is perfectly amazing.
Wow, I love the bright furs. Makes an amazing statement!
so informative, never knew all this. Can’t wait for the next post on fur.
Thanks so much for ur comment on my blog ! If you want we can follow each other on GFC ,Bloglovin/G+..Let me know !
Nice post dear.
Love it! Your parka is awesome!
xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin’
This video is SO awsome 🙂
I love parkas and the one you’re wearing looks absolutely amazing!
You look stunning!!! I love what you wear!
BIG hair LOUD mouth
Love the video, so cute !
Qué maravilla de parka!!! Me encantan las múltiples combinaciones que pueden hacerse!
Adoro i Parka!
Post molto interessante e bellissimo video! 😀
I love the grunge era!
Shark Attack – Fashion Blog
Love the video and a good parka is always a must!
Amo cappotto caldo.
Interesting facts and your parka is great! Nice video!
Toast your Purse with an Outfit!
Fashion Advice, Events and More
The parka is lovely and excellent video, thanks for visiting my blog.
OMG I love this outfit, the parka is amazing and you gorgeous!!
Your blog is amazing! Thank you fpr the lovely comment, too. I really like parkas and I think that this post got a lot of information in it. Like it!
Have a great day!
nice post, dear 🙂
I love fur too
Check my new post.
The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin
Love your blog and this outfit here ! Kisses from Paris
Fabulous video! Gorgeous Parkas <3
Parka with fur inside? Omg, loving the idea!
Printed or Plain
Love the video!! Great post 😉
Wow! Love this look! xo
Wooow Love it!
Thanks for amazing tips babe. You look absolutely amazing in your parka. Kiss,
really cool look!
and lovely video
I adore parkas! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com
thanks for stopping by my blog this week and leaving a comment so i could make my way over to you! have a lovely weekend.
Lovely look, i really like this.
Der Parka ist ja mal aufgefallen. 😀
Mir gefällts total. ♥
What a pretty video dear.
Have a beautiful day.
Haha I had no idea! This is a cool post~~
Such an interesting review about this garment, thaks for sharing
Melange-Boutique Blog by Noe&Lolita
Gorgeous look, I love this combo.http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk/
It’s really cool to be able to customize your own parka with such gorgeous fur colors! Thanks for sharing!
Quanto mi piace come sei vestita, così rock. Il video poi è bellissimo!
Cool outfit. Beautiful shoes!
I love your fashion site!
I love your look !! nice blog, I wait for mine, if you want we can follow gfc we kiss ???
Great parka and video!
Nice video! And I like that Parka 🙂
Great streetlook, u look fantastic
tiens je trouve ça super original comme concept, c’est pas mal du tout
Love the parka, fur lined garments are the best!!!
Such a cool video !
Hi dear, thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog. Your blog’s great! I love your parka and you look so chic! Have a nice week! Kiss kiss
wow so fun love the video! have a lovely day!
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. =)
This post is really interessting. I did not knew all this things about the parka. Really exciting.
Such a very nice vídeo!!
I love parka too 🙂
Have a nice day! Xoxo
What an interesting video. Great post. Love all the info on parka. Love it too!
Jessica | notjessfashion.com
Great! Good like!abiti da sera economici
Thank you for this informative post, Keep giving updates.
Too good information that you shared. It would be so useful post for those are searching such kind of information.